Wednesday 23 April 2008

Day 19: The Star Treatment

With the general fatigue of constant travel setting in we decided to allow ourselves a day of rest in Sydney. Matt has been rather under the weather so we decided to enjoy the day in our posh hotel rather than exhaust ourselves further on the hot sweaty streets of Melbourne (doesn't sound as good as LA does it!).

So I'm booked in for a deep tissue therapy at the hotel spa whilst Matt has got some sort of head massage in store. It was actually Matt who went up and booked these, upon booking and generally nosing around the place he discovered that we were actually guest mates with the only and only KD Lang. I had to admit I wasn't sure I'd have actually recognised her. Apparently in town doing gigs or something. It was later on when Matt was waiting for his treatment that he got chatting to another lady who turned out to be her girlfriend - Matt and KD are now like THAT, she even let's him call her K - 'kay K.

So that and a little spot of room service, I felt it only right to crack open one of the bottles of wine from our bike ride in New Zealand, yes I'm sorry guys the Cloudy Bay will not make it to English shores, not by me anyway, beside it was pushing my baggage allowance over at the airport, that and my Makers Mark and Matt's vodka - all gone.

So not much to report for you guys, but join me tomorrow for a tall tale.

1 comments :

  1. James Henry said...

    Cooooooooooooooool.